The ENSAE-CREST is made up of the following entities:
- a research center: the “Centre de Recherche en Économie et Statistique” (CREST), a CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche (UMR 9194)
- a Grande École: the “École Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Économique” (Paris-based), hereafter named ‘ENSAE’, that trains about 400 statisticians, economists, financial analysts and actuaries every year for both the private sector and the French administration (these high-level civil servants are called ‘Administrateurs de l’INSEE’ and ‘Commissaires Contrôleurs des Assurances’).
- a continuing education/professional training center : the “Centre d’Études des Programmes Économiques” (CEPE).
- a dedicated secure infrastructure : the CASD is a public interest group bringing together the State represented by INSEE, GENES, CNRS, École Polytechnique and HEC Paris created by interministerial decree of 29 December 2018.
The main areas of competence of the ENSAE-CREST are micro-econometrics, macroeconomics, finance and insurance, industrial organization, statistics and impact evaluation.
HEC offers a full portfolio of degree programs targeted towards different segments:
- HEC Grande Ecole (Master of Science in management), a 3-year program for students without business experience.
- HEC Specialized Masters, one-year degree programs for young university and Grande Ecole graduates lacking professional experience. Specialized masters are also available on a part-time basis for active executives with a minimum of five years working experience.
- HEC Ph.D., the only doctoral program offered by a French business school that is accredited by the Ministry of Education.
- Three kinds of MBA: HEC MBA program for candidates with four to five years of business experience; Executive MBA, a program for senior executives, offered in Paris, St-Petersburg, Shanghai and Doha; TRIUM Executive MBA for senior top-level executives launched in cooperation with New York University and London School of Economics.
In addition, HEC Executive Education trains almost 5000 executives each year in open enrolment and customized programs for companies. Academic research at HEC is organized within its CNRS research lab GREGHEC (UMR 2959), that covers all academic research. HEC brings specific expertise to this project, in particular for the study of consumers and of company decision-making.
The Ecole Polytechnique Department of Economics is a locus for general research in economics. The main axes of research activities are carried out through the Econometrics Laboratory. The main research themes concern:
- Applied Microeconomics and Microeconomic Theory: industrial economy, competition, social choice theory, organization theory, game theory
- Macroeconomics and Labor Economics : fluctuations, commerce, economics, theory of unemployment, economics of education
- Sustainable Development and CSR: economics of sustainable development, climate change, sustainable finance and responsible investment, environmental economics and Corporate Social Responsibilty
The laboratory is home to:
- teachers and resident researchers who are members of the Department
- associate researchers
- doctoral and post-doctoral students